"eSight" is the first intelligent eyewear that enables people with low vision or legal blindness, to actually see.
eSight is digital eyewear that enables people with low vision or legal blindness to actually see. Looking much like fit-over sunglasses, eSight eyewear uses an advanced, high-resolution video camera to capture what the wearer is looking at and delivers those video images to a controller with a highly sophisticated computer. The images are processed and then in real-time, projected onto two LED screens inside the eSight eyewear. In this way, eSight provides as near-normal vision as one’s condition allows.
Even in damaged or diseased eyes, eSight can digitally optimize video in such a way that awakens the residual function of the remaining, functioning neurons or cones. The eSight-enhanced image causes the remaining photoreceptors to send an improved signal to the brain.
Source: eSight Corp
- Magnification from 1.5x to 14x
- Auto-focus enables the wearer to quickly change their view
- Separate contrast and brightness features accommodate different lighting
- Freeze capability allows the wearer to capture a still shot of an image
- Six custom color modes help the wearer make reading easier
- Software is easily updated via computer to keep eSight current
- Customized with the wearers own prescription lenses
- Unique tilt feature enables the wearer to alternate between walking and stationary activities like reading or watching TV
- Frame including your personalized prescription lenses, headband, headstrap
- Headset and Controller
- Power Cord
- Battery (last approx. 4 hours)
- Carrying bag
- User Manual
- Ethernet connector
Two LED screens
High-resolution video camera
eSight eyewear helps people with low vision and legal blindness with a variety of low vision conditions, including:
- Macular Degeneration
- Stargardt’s Disease
- Ocular Albinism
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy
- Cone-Rod Dystrophy
- Some forms of Glaucoma & Retinitis Pigmentosa
eSight eyewear is most effective for those with acuity between 20/60 and 20/400. It is important to note that eSight eyewear does not work for everybody with low vision / legal blindness.
|eSight Corp||Canada, USA||Yes||No||No|