The "KNFB Reader" can recognize and read printed materials in a variety of languages. The app has been launched in 2014 as an iOS app, but is now also available for Android for Android on Google Play Store. This highly praised app, tailored to the specific needs of people who are blind or visually impaired, makes access to print materials much faster and more efficient than ever.
|KNFB Reader 2.7.4 (Android)|
- Reading Modes. Reading modes for single and multicolumn formats.
- Text Navigation. Text navigation by line, sentence, word and character.
- Automated. Automatic text detection to enable hands-free operation or touch-free operation.
- Read Multi-Page Documents. Capture and read documents, brochures, pamphlets, and books.
- Synchronized Highlighting. Synchronized text highlighting with Braille and high quality speech output.
- Viewfinder & Tilt Assist. Viewfinder for live field of view. Tilt guidance and report to assist with aligning the camera relative to the document.
- Import and Export Documents. Ability to import, OCR and read image based PDF and JPEG. Export HTML and TXT files to cloud storage including Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Multi-Language Support. The KNFB Reader can recognize and read printed materials in a variety of languages including: English, French, German, Dutch(Belgium), Dutch(Netherlands), Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, and Norwegian.
- Requires Android 4.3 and up