Parkinson Home Exercises or PD Exercises, is a video-app for patients and exercise therapists dealing with Parkinson’s Disease (English).
The application contains videos for over 50 home exercises as well as movement advice and instructions for daily exercises and mobility. METRONOME with vibration is INCLUDED. Please write a review! Topics covered are:
- Sitting down and standing up,
- Bed mobility,
- Physical condition
|Parkinson Home Exercises (iOS) 2.0|
|Parkinson Home Exercises (iOS) 1.3|
|Parkinson Home Exercises (iOS) 1.2|
|Parkinson Home Exercises (iOS) 1.1|
- The advice and exercises have been compiled by expert researchers and therapists in the field and are divided into a number of functional domains that can cause problems in the daily life of Parkinson’s patients. Both scientific evidence and practical experience are making it increasingly clear that specific exercises and advice can support/provide for improvements in the following domains: walking, posture, changing body position (rising from a chair, turning in bed etc.), balance, keeping the body flexible and relaxed, and overall physical condition.
- Using the intuitive menu navigation, each person can quickly choose the specific advice and exercises that are the most applicable for his/her individual situation, without having to follow an entire exercise program.
- For each domain of exercises, a text introduction explains possible problems that can arise, for example difficulty with walking, and then the cause of the problem is described. Using the intuitive menu, the uses can then choose specific advice and video exercises that can be performed every day in order to improve the existing problem(s).
- Specific attention is given to cueing strategies to facilitate mobility. The app also includes a Metronome function with sound and/or vibration.
- The exercises must always be performed safely, so if the user has even the smallest doubt, advice should be sought from a professional therapist to help find the appropriate manner in which to perform the exercise(s). Performing the exercises without such advice will always remain at the users own risk.
- When in doubt, always seek advice from a professional physical therapist regarding the correct and safe performance of the exercises.
- The European Foundation for health and Exercise (Efox) and other contributors to this App project declare that they have exercised the best possible care and caution in compiling the information. However, Efox, the authors, their employers, Forward Motion Media and other contributors to this App project do not accept any responsibility regarding the correctness or completeness of the information and do not accept any liability in any way for any harm or damage, in any way, shape or form, that is the result of actions and/or decisions made based on the presented information.