Beneufit’s pdFIT™ is a disease management tool for people with Parkinson’s disease. The goal of the program is to reduce symptoms, delay disease progression, improve quality of life by leveraging exercise and increasing medication compliance by providing medication reminders and providing insight into medication’s effect on symptoms.
Non-adherence to medication is a major reason for poor symptom control in Parkinson’s disease (PD) and greater adherence maximizes symptom control and optimizes quality of life.
- Beneufit’s pdFIT™ cycling exercise app now has a Medications section specifically designed for PwP. People are able to select medications, add notes, set up reminders and track compliance and side-effects through the app. Information on the regimen’s dose and timing is displayed with easy to understand charts. The cirlceTap™ finger tapping test results are overlaid on charts to help visualize the relationship between motor control and medication.
- Beneufit's circleTap™ finger tapping test allows users to objectively assess their manual dexterity and fine motor control on their own through the pdFIT™ app. The 60-second test is based on finger tapping tests that have been used in clinical trials of Parkinson’s disease over the past 30 years. The alternate finger tapping test is a valid, sensitive measure of bradykinesia that correlates with the UPDRS motor score as well as with other validated clinical measures.
- The pdFIT™ system currently works with Apple mobile devices with Bluetooth 4.0 technology (iPhone 4S and up iPad 3 and up, iPad mini, iPod Touch 5th gen.)
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.