Highlights of this release include improved support for Microsoft Edge; browse mode in the Windows 10 Mail app; and significant improvements to NVDA's dialogs.
- NVDA can now indicate line indentation using tones. This can be configured using the "Line indentation reporting" combo box in NVDA's Document Formatting preferences dialog.
- Support for the Orbit Reader 20 braille display.
- An option to open the speech viewer window on startup has been added. This can be enabled via a check box in the speech viewer window.
- When re-opening the speech viewer window, the location and dimensions will now be restored.
- Cross-reference fields in Microsoft Word are now treated like hyperlinks. They are reported as links and can be activated.
- Initial support for the Anniversary update of Microsoft Edge.
- Browse mode is now used when reading emails in the Windows 10 mail app.
- Updated liblouis braille translator to 3.0.0. This includes significant enhancements to Unified English Braille.
- In the Add-ons Manager, the Disable add-on and Enable add-on buttons now have keyboard shortcuts (alt+d and alt+e, respectively).
- Various padding and alignment issues in NVDA's dialogs have been resolved.
- The document formatting dialog has been adjusted so that the contents scrolls.
- Adjusted the layout of the Symbol Pronunciation dialog so the full width of the dialog is used for the symbols list.
- In browse mode in web browsers, the edit field (e and shift+e) and form field (f and shift+f) single letter navigation commands can now be used to move to read-only edit fields.
- In NVDA's Document Formatting settings, "Announce formatting changes after the cursor" has been renamed to "Report formatting changes after the cursor", as it affects braille as well as speech.
- Adjusted the appearance of the NVDA "Welcome dialog".
- NVDA dialog boxes now have their "ok" and "cancel" buttons aligned to the right of the dialog.
- Spin Controls are now used for numeric input fields such as the "Capital pitch change percentage" setting in the Voice Settings dialog. You can enter the desired value or use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the value.
- The way IFrames (documents embedded within documents) are reported has been made more consistent across web browsers. IFrames are now reported as "frame" in Firefox.